Job description Roofer, Shingles near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "roofer, shingles" was moved from the group Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291) to the group Roofers and shinglers (NOC 73110).
Find out what work is like for a roofer, shingles in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Roofers and shinglers (NOC 73110).
Roofers and shinglers
Roofers install, repair or replace flat roofs as well as shingles, shakes or other roofing tiles on sloped roofs. Shinglers install and replace shingles, tiles and similar coverings on sloped roofs. They are employed by roofing and general contractors, or they may be self-employed. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
- May estimate materials required and quote costs.
- Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
- apprentice roofer
- asphalt roofer
- built-up roofer
- flat roofer
- residential steep roofer
- single-ply roofer
- Date modified: