Job description Chief Of Operating Area in the Parklands Region
Find out what work is like for a chief of operating area in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Managers in health care (NOC 0311).
Managers in health care
Managers in health care plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services, such as diagnosis and treatment, nursing and therapy, within institutions, and in other settings, that provide health care services. They are employed in hospitals, medical clinics, nursing homes and other health care organizations.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of health care services within a department of a health care institution, or in other settings where health care services are provided
- Consult with boards of directors and senior managers to maintain and establish standards for the provision of health care services
- Develop evaluation systems to monitor the quality of health care given to patients
- Monitor the use of diagnostic services, in-patient beds and facilities to ensure effective use of resources
- Develop and implement plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment acquisitions and future staffing levels in their department or establishment
- Plan and control departmental or establishment budget
- Represent the department or establishment at meetings with government officials, the public, the media and other organizations
- Supervise health care supervisors and professionals
- Recruit health care staff of the department or establishment.
- Managers in health care specialize in administering the provision of specific health care services such as dietetics, clinical medicine, laboratory medicine, nursing, physiotherapy or surgery.
- mental health residential care program manager
- rehabilitation services director
- director of dietetics
- chief of anesthesia
- chief of emergency medicine
- director of laboratory medicine
- chief of medical staff
- director of occupational therapy
- director of physiotherapy
- director of surgery
- medical clinic director
- director of clinical medicine
- director of nursing - medical services
- home care services director - medical services
- Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Date modified: