Job description Cannery Labourer - Fish Processing in Canada
Find out what work is like for a cannery labourer - fish processing in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Labourers in fish and seafood processing (NOC 9618).
Labourers in fish and seafood processing
Labourers in fish and seafood processing perform clean-up, packaging, material handling and other elemental activities related to fish and seafood processing. They are employed in fish and seafood processing and packaging plants.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to work area in fish processing plant
- Immerse fresh fish fillets in brine solution to condition them for wrapping or freezing
- Weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice
- Sort fish according to species, weight and destination
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Transport supplies and packaging materials throughout plant and storage area manually or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
- cannery labourer
- fish plant labourer
- fish weigher
- shellfish labourer
- fish briner - fish processing
- fish salter - fish processing
- shellfish packer - fish processing
- Date modified: