Job description Engineering Regulatory Officer near Flin Flon (MB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "engineering regulatory officer" was moved from the group Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers (NOC 2262) to the group Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers (NOC 22231).
Find out what work is like for an engineering regulatory officer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers (NOC 22231).
Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers
Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers inspect transportation vehicles such as aircraft, watercraft, automobiles and trucks and weighing and measuring devices such as scales and meters as well as industrial instruments, processes and equipment for conformity to government and industry standards and regulations. They are employed by government agencies and in the private sector.
- Motor vehicles defects investigators
- Conduct motor vehicle and motor vehicle component defect investigations, examinations, tests and defect-related accident investigations
- Provide expert advice and testimony on specific motor vehicle performance problems or defects
- Recommend improvements in vehicle inspection and licensing procedures and vehicle safety standards.
- Railway accident investigation officers
- Collect and analyze data from train derailments, collisions, and other accidents to determine the causes
- Inspect and evaluate railway property, structures, rolling stock, signals, track structure and train handling characteristics to ensure compliance to operating standards.
- Airworthiness inspectors
- Conduct initial and regular inspections of establishments and individuals holding or applying for air carrier operating certificates and establishments engaged in aircraft maintenance, repair or modification
- Inspect aircraft, advise of any deficiencies and detain aircraft suspected of being unairworthy or unsafe.
- Inspectors, weights and measures
- Conduct inspections and tests of a variety of mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring devices and systems
- Prepare draft investigative reports of findings
- Recommend corrective or enforcement action.
- Oil and gas drilling rig inspectors
- Conduct onshore and offshore inspections of drilling and well servicing equipment and processes to ensure compliance with regulations and policies and to recommend improvements and corrective action.
- air carrier maintenance inspector
- air transport inspector
- airworthiness inspector
- electricity and gas meter inspector
- elevator inspector
- engineering inspector
- engineering regulatory officer
- insurance loss prevention inspector
- marine damage surveyor
- motor vehicle defects investigator
- railway accident investigation officer
- weights and measures inspector
- Non-destructive testers and inspectors
- Occupational health and safety specialists
- Construction inspectors
- Professional occupations in business management consulting
- Date modified: