Job description Personal Trust Officer near Edmonton (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "personal trust officer" was moved from the group Other financial officers (NOC 1114) to the group Other financial officers (NOC 11109).
Find out what work is like for a personal trust officer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Other financial officers (NOC 11109).
Other financial officers
Other financial officers include professional occupations in finance such as financial examiners and inspectors, financial investigators, financial underwriters, mortgage brokers and trust officers. They are employed by banks, trust companies, investment firms and governments, or they may be self-employed.
- Financial examiners and inspectors
- Review and examine banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, credit companies, real estate companies, insurance companies, pension funds, securities brokers and other financial services and institutions to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Financial investigators
- Investigate possible unethical conduct or breaches of securities or commodity futures laws by persons or companies that trade in securities and commodity futures or that provide related financial services.
- Financial underwriters
- Analyze clients requests to assess risk and details of stocks, bonds, mortgages or other financing solutions
- Negotiate with corporations, governments or individuals to determine the type and terms of financial products and prepare offering prospectuses or contracts
- May underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds.
- Trust officers
- Administer estate, personal, charitable, corporate and other types of trusts
- Direct trust account investments, receive and record investment income and disburse trust funds.
- Mortgage brokers
- Meet with clients to obtain information about income, liabilities and assets, and type, price and condition of property to be mortgaged
- Negotiate mortgage loans with lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients.
- credit adjudicator
- credit unions examiner
- estate and trust administrator
- financial institutions inspector
- financial investigator
- financial underwriter
- mortgage broker
- trust officer
- Other business services managers
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Banking, credit and other investment managers
- Business development officers and market researchers and analysts
- Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
- Financial and investment analysts
- Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers
- Date modified: