Job description Woodworking Machine Operator near Longueuil (QC)
Find out what work is like for a woodworking machine operator in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Woodworking machine operators (NOC 9437).
Woodworking machine operators
Woodworking machine operators set up, program and operate one or more woodworking machines to fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures or other wood products. They are employed in furniture, fixture and other wood products manufacturing establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Set up, program and operate one or more computer numerically controlled (CNC) or manual woodworking machines such as saws, moulders, lathes, routers, planers, edgers, pressing machines, shapers, drills and sanders to fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures and other wood products
- Operate gluing machines to glue pieces of wood together or press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces
- Operate preset special-purpose woodworking machines to fabricate wood products such as coat hangers, mop handles, clothes pins and other products
- Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
- May clean and lubricate equipment, and replace parts as necessary.
- lathe operator - woodworking
- boring machine operator - woodworking
- woodworking machine operator
- planer operator - woodworking
- drill operator - woodworking
- drum sander - woodworking
- edge bander operator - woodworking
- glue machine operator - woodworking
- rough mill operator - woodworking
- shaper - woodworking
- CNC (computer numerically controlled) band saw operator
- Date modified: