Job description Woodworking Machine Operator near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what work is like for a woodworking machine operator in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Woodworking machine operators (NOC 94124).
Woodworking machine operators
Woodworking machine operators set up, program and operate one or more woodworking machines to fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures or other wood products. They are employed in furniture, fixture and other wood products manufacturing establishments.
- Set up, program and operate one or more computer numerically controlled (CNC) or manual woodworking machines such as saws, moulders, lathes, routers, planers, edgers, pressing machines, shapers, drills and sanders to fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures and other wood products
- Operate gluing machines to glue pieces of wood together or press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces
- Operate preset special-purpose woodworking machines to fabricate wood products such as coat hangers, mop handles, clothes pins and other products
- Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
- May clean and lubricate equipment, and replace parts as necessary.
- boring machine operator - woodworking
- computer numerically controlled (CNC) band saw operator
- drill operator - woodworking
- drum sander - woodworking
- edge bander operator - woodworking
- glue machine operator - woodworking
- lathe operator - woodworking
- planer operator - woodworking
- rough mill operator - woodworking
- shaper - woodworking
- woodworking machine operator
- Date modified: