Job description Retail Salesperson in Canada
Find out what work is like for a retail salesperson in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Retail salespersons (NOC 6421).
Retail salespersons sell, rent or lease a range of technical and non-technical goods and services directly to consumers. They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, as well as wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Advise customers on use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services
- Estimate or quote prices, credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
- Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
- Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- May conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce.
- Retail salespersons may specialize and act as consultants in home entertainment systems, computers and other products and services.
- car rental agent
- retail sales clerk
- retail sales associate
- sales consultant - retirement homes
- clothing salesperson
- audio equipment salesperson
- furniture salesperson
- jewellery salesperson
- hardware store clerk
- counter clerk - retail
- department store clerk
- retail salesperson
- automobile salesperson
- computer salesperson - retail
- Date modified: