Job description Contractor, Home Renovation in the Notre Dame-Central-Bonavista Bay Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "contractor, home renovation" was moved from the group Home building and renovation managers (NOC 0712) to the group Home building and renovation managers (NOC 70011).
Find out what work is like for a contractor, home renovation in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Home building and renovation managers (NOC 70011).
Home building and renovation managers
Home building managers own, operate and manage companies engaged in the construction of new residential homes. Home renovation managers own, operate and manage companies engaged in the renovation of existing residential homes.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a residential home building or renovating company
- Prepare bids for home construction or renovation projects
- Consult with customers, architects and engineers regarding plans and specifications
- Select, hire and supervise trade subcontractors to do specialized work, such as plumbing, heating and electrical work
- Plan and prepare work schedules and co-ordinate the activities of subcontractors
- Inspect work performed by subcontractors to ensure quality and conformity with plans and specifications
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers and trade subcontractors
- Develop and implement marketing and advertising strategies to promote company's products and services
- May perform carpentry or other trade work during home construction or renovation activities.
- home builder
- home renovation contractor
- home renovator
- renovation contractor
- residential homes contractor
- Date modified: