Job description Switch Network Installer And Repairer - Telecommunications near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what work is like for a switch network installer and repairer - telecommunications in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Telecommunications installation and repair workers (NOC 7246).
Telecommunications installation and repair workers
Telecommunications installation and repair workers install, test, maintain and repair telephones, telephone switching equipment and telecommunications equipment related to transmission and processing of voice, video signals and other data over a variety of media including fibre optics, microwave, radio and satellite. They are employed by telephone and other telecommunications transmission services establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Telephone installers and repairers
- Install, arrange, remove and maintain telephone equipment, wiring and associated hardware
- Test installed telephone systems to locate transmission faults
- Repair or replace defective and damaged telephones, wire and associated equipment.
- Switch network installers and repairers
- Install electromechanical, analog and digital trunking systems, circuits and equipment in telecommunications central offices and switching centres
- Inspect and test trunking systems, circuits and equipment
- Analyze test results and adjust, change or repair switching system, network, associated equipment and software.
- Telecommunications service testers
- Operate computerized testing systems to conduct service tests on customer lines and equipment
- Determine the nature, cause and location of service trouble
- Dispatch appropriate repair personnel
- Complete test reports and maintain test and service records
- May assist repair personnel to test lines, circuits and systems, isolate and clear cable faults and verify records.
- Telecommunications equipment technicians
- Install, remove and maintain various telecommunications equipment and related systems such as telex and facsimile machines, teletypewriters, mobile radios, cellular telephones, pagers and other telecommunications equipment
- Configure operating systems and install software for access to the Internet
- Inspect and test operation of telecommunications equipment
- Diagnose and locate equipment faults, and adjust, replace or repair telecommunications equipment.
- mobile radio installer
- private branch exchange (PBX) installer
- switch network installer and repairer
- telecommunications equipment technician
- telephone installer
- apprentice communication electrician - switching
- cellular telephone technician
- telephone communication technician
- exchange tester - telecommunications
- line and station installer, telephone
- Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
- Telecommunications line and cable workers
- Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- Date modified: