Job description Industrial Arts Teacher - Elementary School in the Edmundston–Woodstock Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "industrial arts teacher - elementary school" was moved from the group Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 4032) to the group Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 41221).
Find out what work is like for an industrial arts teacher - elementary school in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 41221).
Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
Elementary school and kindergarten teachers teach basic subjects such as reading, writing and arithmetic or specialized subjects such as English or French as a second language at public and private elementary schools.
- Prepare courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum
- Teach students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Assign and correct homework
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Identify children's individual learning needs
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- May supervise teachers' aides and student teachers.
- English as a second language elementary school teacher
- French as a second language elementary school teacher
- French immersion teacher - elementary school
- kindergarten teacher
- primary school teacher
- remedial teacher - elementary school
- special education teacher - elementary school
- special education teacher - primary school
- supply teacher - elementary school
- teacher-librarian - elementary school
- Secondary school teachers
- Early childhood educators and assistants
- Instructors of persons with disabilities
- Therapists in counselling and related specialized therapies
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- Library and public archive technicians
- Date modified: