Job description Process Operator - Primary Metal And Mineral Products Processing near Ottawa (ON)
Find out what work is like for a process operator - primary metal and mineral products processing in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing (NOC 9231).
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of a particular aspect of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start up and shut down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- Provide or organize training for members of production crew
- Maintain shift log of production and other data and prepare production and other reports.
- blast furnace operator
- console operator - cement manufacturing
- chief flotation operator
- pelletizing control operator
- rolling mill control operator
- central control caster
- central control room operator - primary metal processing
- roaster operator - primary metal processing
- Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
- Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- Foundry workers
- Date modified: