Job description Computer Systems Analyst in the North Region
Find out what work is like for a computer systems analyst in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171).
Information systems analysts and consultants
Information systems analysts and consultants analyze and test systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Information systems business analysts and consultants
- Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
- Conduct business and technical studies
- Design, develop, integrate, test and implement information systems business solutions
- Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
- Systems security analysts
- Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
- Develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
- Information systems quality assurance analysts
- Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
- Systems auditors
- Conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.
- information systems quality assurance analyst
- computer systems analyst
- management information systems (MIS) analyst
- informatics consultant
- IT (information technology) consultant
- informatics security analyst
- systems security analyst
- information systems business analyst
- systems auditor
- systems consultant
- Computer and information systems managers
- Professional occupations in business management consulting
- Financial auditors and accountants
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Software engineers and designers
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Web designers and developers
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Date modified: