Job description Systems Security Analyst in New Brunswick
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "systems security analyst" was moved from the group Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) to the group Cybersecurity specialists (NOC 21220).
Find out what work is like for a systems security analyst in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 21220).
Cybersecurity specialists develop, plan, recommend, implement, improve and monitor security measures to protect an organization's computer networks, connected devices and information to prevent unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction of the information or of the systems on which the information resides. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors.
- Confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
- Apply encryption protocols, and manage keys to ensure security of data is maintained while at rest and in transit
- Monitor access and credentials for information and systems
- Install, test and operate security software and tools such as anti-virus and automated threat detection/prevent systems to ensure security measures are in place and working as intended
- Monitor for cyber attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Plan and carry out security measures in response to cybersecurity events and incidents in accordance with an organization's incident response plan to protect information, data and systems
- Document computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
- cybersecurity analyst
- informatics security analyst
- informatics security consultant
- information technology (IT) security specialist
- systems security analyst
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Web developers and programmers
- Information systems specialists
- Web designers
- Software developers and programmers
- Business systems specialists
- Software engineers and designers
- Computer systems developers and programmers
- Date modified: