Job description Landscape Architectural Technician in Prince Edward Island
Find out what work is like for a landscape architectural technician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists (NOC 22114).
Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists
Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists survey and assess landscapes; draw sketches and build models of landscape designs; construct and maintain gardens, parks, golf courses and other landscaped environments; advise clients on issues related to horticulture such as irrigation; breed, cultivate and study plants; and treat injured and diseased trees and plants. They are employed by landscape designers and contractors, lawn service and tree care establishments, golf courses, nurseries and greenhouses, and municipal, provincial and national parks, or they may be self-employed.
- Arborists and tree service technicians
- Examine trees and shrubs to diagnose problems and disease, and apply various treatments such as pruning, spraying, repairing damaged areas and injecting with treatment solutions.
- Golf course superintendents
- Direct crews who maintain the health and appearance of golf courses and their surrounding landscapes, plant and move trees, and apply fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides.
- Plan and coordinate the growth and use of plants for landscaping, ornamental uses and other purposes.
- Landscape designers and landscape architectural technicians and technologists
- Survey and assess sites, prepare drawings, sketches and reports and perform other duties to assist landscape architects in designing landscaped environments.
- Landscape gardeners
- Plant and maintain private and public lawns and gardens.
- Plan and construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubberies, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures.
- Lawn care specialists
- Visit clients, assess the health of lawns, and apply fertilizer, pesticides and other lawn care products.
- golf course superintendent
- horticultural technician
- horticulture specialist
- hydroponics technician
- landscape architectural technician
- landscape designer
- landscape gardener
- landscape technician
- lawn care specialist
- tree service technician
- Landscape architects
- Biologists and related scientists
- Biological technologists and technicians
- Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services
- Forestry technologists and technicians
- Nursery and greenhouse labourers
- Managers in horticulture
- Date modified: