Job description Manufacturing Technician - Industrial Engineering near Stratford (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "manufacturing technician - industrial engineering" was moved from the group Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians (NOC 2233) to the group Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians (NOC 22302).
Find out what work is like for a manufacturing technician - industrial engineering in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians (NOC 22302).
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, facilities and systems, and the planning, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work. They are employed by manufacturing and insurance companies, government departments, and establishments in other industries.
- Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists
- Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
- Design plant layouts and production facilities
- Develop and carry out work study and related programs
- Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
- Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Industrial engineering and manufacturing technicians
- Assist in the design of plant layouts
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
- computer-assisted design/computer-assisted manufacturing (CAD/CAM) programmer
- industrial engineering technician
- industrial engineering technologist
- loss prevention technologist - manufacturing
- manufacturing technician
- manufacturing technologist
- planning technician
- plastics manufacturing technician
- pulp and paper manufacturing technologist
- quality assurance technologist
- scheduling technician - manufacturing
- textile technologist
- time study analyst
- Machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades (7210)
- Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade
- Chemical technologists and technicians
- Date modified: