Job description Occupational Health And Safety Inspector near Flin Flon (MB)
Find out what work is like for an occupational health and safety inspector in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety (NOC 22232).
Occupational health and safety specialists
Occupational health and safety specialists review, evaluate and monitor health and safety hazards and develop strategies to prevent, control and eliminate accidents and occupational injuries. They inspect the workplace environments, equipment and practices to ensure compliance with organization and government environment, health and safety standards and regulations. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- Lead and participate in workplace audits and investigations of safety concerns, incidents and accidents
- Lead and participate in workplace inspections to ensure that equipment, materials and production processes do not present a safety or health hazard to employees
- Develop and implement health and safety programs, including standard operating procedures, policies and training to mitigate risk, optimize worker’s health and safety and foster a positive occupational health and safety culture
- Initiate enforcement procedures on workplaces contravening organization and government health and safety standards and regulations
- Provide training to employers, employees and the general public on issues of workplace safety
- Communicate, engage and influence decision-makers and workers to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and regulations.
- health and safety officer
- occupational health and safety officer
- occupational safety consultant
- occupational safety coordinator
- occupational safety officer
- By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers
- Natural and applied science policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Public and environmental health and safety professionals
- Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers
- Construction inspectors
- Date modified: