Job description Naturopathic Doctor (ND) near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "naturopathic doctor (ND)" was moved from the group Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 3125) to the group Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 31209).
Find out what work is like for a naturopathic doctor (ND) in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 31209).
Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating, who are not elsewhere classified, diagnose and treat the diseases and injuries of patients. This unit group includes doctors of podiatric medicine, naturopathic medicine, and osteopathic medicine, and also includes chiropodists and podiatrists. They work in private practices, clinics and hospitals.
- Doctors of podiatric medicine
- Diagnose diseases, deformities and injuries of the human foot and communicate diagnoses to patients
- Treat patients using braces, casts, shields, orthotic devices, physical therapy, or prescribed medications
- May also perform surgery on the bones of the forefoot and the subcutaneous soft tissues of the foot.
- Chiropodists and diploma or first-degree trained podiatrists
- Diagnose diseases, deformities and injuries of the human foot
- Treat patients using braces, casts, shields, orthotic devices, physical therapy and subcutaneous soft-tissue foot surgery.
- Doctors of naturopathic medicine
- Diagnose patients' diseases and disorders
- Employ natural methods of healing such as acupuncture and acupressure, spinal manipulation, reflexology, hydrotherapy, herbal medicines, biochemical therapy, clinical nutrition, homeopathy and counselling in their treatment.
- Doctors of osteopathic medicine
- Diagnose disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal, circulatory and nervous systems
- Treat patients with manipulative therapy, medications or surgery.
- doctor of naturopathic medicine
- doctor of osteopathic medicine
- doctor of podiatric medicine (D.P.M.)
- foot specialist
- naturopathic doctor (ND)
- osteopathic physician
- General practitioners and family physicians
- Specialists in surgery
- Other practitioners of natural healing
- Physician assistants, midwives and allied health professionals
- Specialists in clinical and laboratory medicine
- Date modified: