Job description Marker - Post-secondary Teaching Assistance in Alberta
Find out what work is like for a marker - post-secondary teaching assistance in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Post-secondary teaching and research assistants (NOC 4012).
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants
Post-secondary teaching and research assistants assist university professors, community college and CEGEP teachers and other faculty members in teaching and research activities at universities and colleges.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Post-secondary teaching assistants
- Organize reference materials, visual aids and other materials as required by university professors or college teachers for lectures
- Conduct seminars, discussion groups and laboratory sessions to supplement lectures
- Assist in the preparation and administration of examinations
- Grade examinations, term papers and laboratory reports.
- Research assistants
- Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
- Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.
- Post-secondary teaching and research assistants specialize in a subject matter based on their field of study.
- college laboratory assistant
- post-secondary research assistant
- graduate assistant - university
- college teaching assistant
- research assistant, university
- Date modified: