Job description Superannuation Clerk - Financial Sector in Nunavut
Find out what work is like for a superannuation clerk - financial sector in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Banking, insurance and other financial clerks (NOC 14201).
Banking, insurance and other financial clerks
Banking, insurance and other financial clerks compile, process and maintain banking, insurance and other financial information. They are employed by banks, credit companies, private and public insurance establishments, investment firms and other financial establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
- Bank clerks
- Compile records of deposits, withdrawals, loan and mortgage payments, cheques and purchase, sale and exchange of securities
- Process loan and mortgage applications, loan and mortgage payments, retirement savings plan applications, term deposits, drafts and money orders
- Verify and balance automatic teller machine transactions and ledger entries, calculate service charges and interest payments and notify customers regarding account discrepancies and captured bank cards
- Answer enquiries and provide information on banking products, policies and services
- May sell drafts, money orders, travellers' cheques and foreign currency, rent safety deposit boxes and open and close savings, chequing and other accounts.
- Insurance clerks
- Process enrolments, cancellations, claims transactions, policy changes and premium payments
- Review insurance applications and verify insurance coverage, premiums paid and other insurance information
- Calculate insurance premiums, pension benefits and annuity payments
- Compile and maintain claims data, rates and insurance data and records
- Answer enquiries and provide information on insurance products, policies and services.
- Other financial clerks
- Compile and maintain rental, sale and other real estate listings
- Compile and maintain stock, bond and other securities listings
- Sort, verify and process real estate, securities and other financial transactions
- Answer enquiries and reply to correspondence.
- actuarial clerk
- bank clerk
- credit clerk
- dental claims clerk
- dividend calculation clerk
- insurance clerk - financial sector
- insurance rater
- ledger control clerk
- loan clerk - financial sector
- mortgage clerk
- premium rater - insurance
- real estate clerk
- securities clerk - financial sector
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers
- Customer services representatives - financial institutions
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- Date modified: