Job description Health Care Association Program Officer near Port Hawkesbury (NS)
Find out what work is like for a health care association program officer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers (NOC 4165).
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers
Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer health care policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies, consulting establishments, universities, research institutes, hospitals, community agencies, educational institutions, professional associations, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Assist in developing government health policy by reviewing relevant literature, conducting interviews, collecting and analysing statistical data, and providing advice to senior managers and officials on issues such as health promotion, regulation, standards and financing
- Design and implement health projects or programs
- Maintain, update and manage health information databases
- Compile and analyse statistical information provided by private and public health care institutions and organizations and produce reports
- Monitor and evaluate health care programs operated by government departments and agencies or private organizations
- Assess compliance with health standards and identify remedial action if necessary
- Conduct evaluations and assessments of health projects and programs
- Provide consulting services to clients in private establishments or government departments or agencies
- Respond to internal and external program and policy information requests
- Produce newsletters, magazines and other documents to provide information to association or organization members or the general public
- Present the views of an association or organization to politicians, government officials, the media or the general public.
- Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers may specialize in a particular area of health policy development, research or program administration such as addiction research.
- health promotion program officer
- health services researcher
- planning officer, child health care programs
- consultant, drug and alcohol abuse
- consultant, health care
- consultant, mental health programs
- health care planner
- policy development officer - nursing homes
- research analyst, health policy
- Managers in health care
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Social and community service workers
- Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Date modified: