Job description Circulation Clerk, Newspaper in Manitoba
Find out what work is like for a circulation clerk, newspaper in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks (NOC 1452).
Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks
Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks write correspondence, proofread material for accuracy, compile material for publication, verify, record and process forms and documents, such as applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations and requisitions, and perform other related clerical duties in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and schedules. They are employed by newspapers, periodicals, publishing firms and by establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Classified advertising clerks
- Receive customers' orders for classified advertising, write and edit copy, calculate advertising costs and bill customers.
- Correspondence clerks
- Write business and government correspondence such as replies to requests for information and assistance, damage claims, credit and billing enquiries and service complaints.
- Editorial assistants and publication clerks
- Assist in the preparation of periodicals, advertisements, catalogues, directories and other material for publication; proofread material; verify facts and conduct research.
- Read material prior to publication to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors within tight deadlines.
- Readers and press clippers
- Read newspapers, magazines, press releases and other publications to locate and file articles of interest to staff and clients.
- Regulatory clerks
- Compile, verify, record and process applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations, requisitions and other forms and documents in accordance with established procedures using processing systems; and authorize and issue licences, permits, registration papers, reimbursements and other material after requested documents have been processed and approved.
- licence clerk
- passport clerk
- editorial assistant
- correspondence clerk
- classified advertising clerk
- translation clerk
- press clipper
- advertising clerk
- directory compiler
- publication clerk
- documentation clerk
- import clerk
- application clerk
- authorization clerk
- by-law clerk
- customs clerk
- contract clerk
- registration clerk
- registry clerk
- Supervisors, library, correspondence and related information workers
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Date modified: