Job description Circulation Clerk, Newspaper in the Avalon Peninsula Region
Find out what work is like for a circulation clerk, newspaper in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks (NOC 14301).
Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks
Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks write correspondence, proofread material for accuracy, compile material for publication, verify, record and process forms and documents, such as applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations and requisitions, and perform other related clerical duties in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and schedules. They are employed by newspapers, periodicals, publishing firms and by establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
- Classified advertising clerks
- Receive customers' orders for classified advertising, write and edit copy, calculate advertising costs and bill customers.
- Correspondence clerks
- Write business and government correspondence such as replies to requests for information and assistance, damage claims, credit and billing enquiries and service complaints.
- Proofreaders and editorial assistants
- Assist in the preparation of periodicals, advertisements, catalogues, directories and other material for publication
- Verify facts and conduct research
- Read material prior to publication to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors.
- Readers and press clippers
- Read newspapers, magazines, press releases and other publications to locate and file articles of interest to staff and clients.
- Regulatory clerks
- Compile, verify, record and process applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations, requisitions and other forms and documents in accordance with established procedures using processing systems
- Authorize and issue licences, permits, registration papers, reimbursements and other material after requested documents have been processed and approved.
- advertising clerk
- application clerk
- authorization clerk
- by-law clerk
- classified advertising clerk
- contract clerk
- correspondence clerk
- customs clerk
- directory compiler
- documentation clerk
- editorial assistant
- licence clerk
- passport clerk
- publication clerk
- registration clerk
- registry clerk
- translation clerk
- Supervisors, library, correspondence and related information workers
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Date modified: