Job description Coding Clerk - Statistics near Cold Lake (AB)
Find out what work is like for a coding clerk - statistics in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Survey interviewers and statistical clerks (NOC 1454).
Survey interviewers and statistical clerks
Survey interviewers contact individuals to gather information for market research, public opinion polls or election and census enumeration. Statistical clerks code and compile interview and other data into reports, lists, directories and other documents. They are employed by market research and polling firms, government departments and agencies, utility companies, contact centres and other establishments. This unit group also includes clerks who observe and record information on traffic flow.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Survey interviewers
- Contact individuals by telephone or in person and explain the purpose of the interview
- Ask questions following the outlines of questionnaires and surveys
- Record responses on paper or enter responses directly into a computer database through computer-assisted interviewing systems.
- Statistical clerks
- Check information gathered for completeness and accuracy
- Code information according to established coding manuals and enter data into statistical-based computer programs
- Conduct routine statistical analysis of data
- Compile interview and other data into reports and lists.
- coding clerk - statistics
- statistical clerk
- public opinion interviewer
- poll clerk
- election enumerator
- census enumerator
- survey interviewer
- interview clerk
- telephone survey clerk
- Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks
- Other customer and information services representatives
- Other sales related occupations
- Statistical officers and related research support occupations
- Date modified: