Job description Medical Receptionist in New Brunswick
Find out what work is like for a medical receptionist in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Receptionists (NOC 1414).
Receptionists greet people arriving at offices, hospitals and other establishments, direct visitors to appropriate person or service, answer and forward telephone calls, take messages, schedule appointments and perform other clerical duties. They are employed by hospitals, medical and dental offices and other offices throughout the public and private sectors. Telephone operators are included in this group.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Greet people coming into offices and other establishments, direct them to the appropriate contacts or services, provide general information in person and by phone, and may perform clerical duties and maintain front desk security and security access lists.
- Hospital admitting clerks
- Interview patients to obtain and process information required to provide hospital and medical services.
- Medical and dental receptionists
- Greet patients, schedule appointments, using manual or computerized systems, receive and record payment for services, and direct patients to appropriate areas.
- Switchboard operators
- Operate a telephone system or switchboard to answer, screen and forward telephone calls, take messages and provide information as required, and may perform clerical duties.
- Answering service operators
- Answer telephones and record and relay messages.
- Reception desk clerks in a variety of institutional and commercial settings
- Direct customers to appropriate areas, record bookings, handle credit card checks, receive payment, issue receipts, arrange tour reservations and deal with emergency situations.
- Telephone operators
- Operate telephone systems to advance and complete customers' telephone calls such as long distance, pay telephone, mobile radio/telephone and person to person calls, arrange teleconferences, provide relay phone service to persons with disabilities, and may calculate and record billing information.
- hospital admitting clerk
- dental receptionist
- answering service operator
- switchboard operator
- medical receptionist
- business receptionist
- telephone operator
- appointment clerk
- office reception clerk
- toll operator
- telephone service assistant
- Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers
- Hotel front desk clerks
- Other customer and information services representatives
- Date modified: