Job description Builder - Renovation near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what work is like for a builder - renovation in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Home building and renovation managers (NOC 70011).
Home building and renovation managers
Home building managers own, operate and manage companies engaged in the construction of new residential homes. Home renovation managers own, operate and manage companies engaged in the renovation of existing residential homes.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a residential home building or renovating company
- Prepare bids for home construction or renovation projects
- Consult with customers, architects and engineers regarding plans and specifications
- Select, hire and supervise trade subcontractors to do specialized work, such as plumbing, heating and electrical work
- Plan and prepare work schedules and co-ordinate the activities of subcontractors
- Inspect work performed by subcontractors to ensure quality and conformity with plans and specifications
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers and trade subcontractors
- Develop and implement marketing and advertising strategies to promote company's products and services
- May perform carpentry or other trade work during home construction or renovation activities.
- home builder
- home renovation contractor
- home renovator
- renovation contractor
- residential homes contractor
- Date modified: