Job description Accounting Technician in the Muskoka–Kawarthas Region
Find out what work is like for an accounting technician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 12200).
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, verify the procedures used for recording financial transactions, and provide personal bookkeeping services. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
- Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
- accounting bookkeeper
- accounting technician
- finance technician
- Accounting and related clerks
- Financial auditors and accountants
- Banking, insurance and other financial clerks
- Payroll administrators
- Date modified: