Job description Personal Support Worker - Home Support in Nunavut
Find out what work is like for a personal support worker - home support in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations (NOC 44101).
Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations
Home support workers, caregivers and related occupations, provide personal care and companionship for seniors, persons with disabilities and convalescent clients. They provide care in the client's residence, where they may also reside. They are employed by home care and support agencies, private households, or they may be self-employed.
- Provide care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption
- Administer bedside and personal care to clients such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
- May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
- May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
- attendant for persons with disabilities - home care
- family caregiver
- home support worker
- live-in caregiver - seniors
- personal aide - home support
- personal care attendant - home care
- respite worker - home support
- Date modified: