Job description Home Child Care Provider near Prince Albert (SK)
Find out what work is like for a home child care provider in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Home child care providers (NOC 44100).
Home child care providers
Home child care providers care for children on an ongoing or short-term basis. They care for the well-being and physical and social development of children, assist parents with child care and may assist with household duties. They provide care primarily in their own homes or in the children's homes, where they may also reside. They are employed by private households and child-care agencies, or they may be self-employed.
- Home child care providers
- Supervise and care for children in employer's or own residence
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Plan, prepare and serve meals for children and may perform other housekeeping duties
- Oversee children's activities, such as meals and rest periods, as instructed by employer
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Instruct children in personal hygiene
- Tend to the emotional well-being of children and support their social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Provide age-appropriate educational training through organized activities such as games, crafts, reading and outings
- Take children to and from school and appointments
- May be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child.
- Foster parents
- Care for foster children, usually on an emergency or temporary basis, as a primary guardian under general direction of foster parent agency
- Consult foster parent agency supervisors for advice and when problems arise
- Administer foster care programs for foster children, as directed by foster parent agency social workers.
- child care live-in caregiver
- child care provider - private home
- parent's helper
- Date modified: