Job description Medical Administrative Assistant in Canada
Find out what work is like for a medical administrative assistant in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Medical administrative assistants (NOC 13112).
Medical administrative assistants
Medical administrative assistants perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in doctor's offices, hospitals, medical clinics and other medical settings.
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
- Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence and prepare spreadsheets and documents for review
- Interview patients in order to complete forms, documents and case histories
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
- Prepare financial statements and billing
- Establish and maintain various internal office administrative support procedures such as document tracking and filing and monthly reporting
- Order supplies and maintain inventory
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- administrative assistant - medical
- medical secretary
- ward secretary
- General office support workers
- Court reporters, medical transcriptionists and related occupations
- Health information management occupations
- Date modified: