Job description Technical Research Assistant (except Post-secondary) in Newfoundland and Labrador
Find out what work is like for a technical research assistant (except post-secondary) in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Statistical officers and related research support occupations (NOC 12113).
Statistical officers and related research support occupations
Statistical officers and workers in related research support occupations provide statistical and research support services to a wide range of businesses and organizations. These workers conduct statistical routines, monitor trends, compile data and prepare charts, graphs, summaries and reports in support of organizational information needs and research activities. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors. Statistical officers who are also supervisors are included in this unit group.
- Compile tables, charts, graphs and summarized statistics for integration in research papers and reports
- Process data using statistical software to conduct basic analyses of trends in support of research activities
- Collect, consolidate, cross-tabulate and format data from various sources to prepare draft reports for review by supervisors or researchers
- Assist in collection and tracking of data from monitored use of services and provide information to management and client groups
- May prepare technical documents and monitoring reports on volumetrics and other trend analyses
- May supervise statistical and research support workers.
- research assistant - generalist (except university)
- research support officer
- social research assistant (except university)
- statistical officer
- technical research assistant (except post-secondary)
- Policy and program researchers, consultants and officers (4140)
- Data entry clerks
- Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- Survey interviewers and statistical clerks
- Date modified: