Job description Distribution And Transport Logistics Technician in the Laval Region
Find out what work is like for a distribution and transport logistics technician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations (NOC 1215).
Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations
Supervisors of supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following minor group: Supply chain logistics, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations (152). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products; processing purchasing transactions; co-ordinating production work; dispatching crews; scheduling transportation crews and routes; operating airport ramp servicing vehicles; and other related activities
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization, establish work schedules and procedures, resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit progress and other reports and co-ordinate activities with other supply-chain work units or departments
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- head dispatcher
- head shipper
- inventory control supervisor
- supply control co-ordinator
- production clerks supervisor
- ramp services supervisor - airport
- supervisor, receiving
- parts service supervisor
- dispatch logistician
- logistics supervisor - transportation
- freight forwarding logistician
- flight crew scheduling supervisor
- Date modified: