Job description Citizen Services Officer (CSO) - Government Services near Kingston (ON)
Find out what work is like for a citizen services officer (CSO) - government services in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Employment insurance, immigration, border services and revenue officers (NOC 12104).
Employment insurance and revenue officers
Employment insurance and revenue officers administer and enforce laws and regulations related to tax revenue, employment insurance and other government benefit services. They are employed by government agencies.
- Excise tax revenue officers
- Audit accounting records to determine income, exemptions, payable taxes, compliance with reporting regulations and existence of fraud
- Examine accounting systems and internal controls of organizations
- Provide advice on reporting and evaluation methods for goods subject to taxation
- Prepare briefs and assist in searching and seizing records, and in preparing charges for court cases.
- Government benefits services officers
- Determine the eligibility of persons applying for government benefits such as Employment Insurance (EI), Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS)
- Ascertain the facts on such issues as reasons for loss of employment and availability for work
- Monitor the payments of benefits and investigate claimants when there appears to be fraud or abuse.
- employment insurance agent
- employment insurance benefits control officer
- revenue officer
- tax collection officer
- tax enforcement officer
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Other financial officers
- Government managers - economic analysis, policy development and program administration
- Financial auditors and accountants
- Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Date modified: