Job description Exterior Insulation And Finish Systems (EIFS) Supervisor near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what work is like for an Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS) supervisor in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers (NOC 7205).
Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers supervise and co-ordinate the activities of various tradespersons, installers, repairers and servicers classified in the following minor groups: Masonry and plastering trades (728), Other construction trades (729) and Other installers, repairers and servicers (744). They are employed by a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions. Contractors may be self-employed. This unit group also includes prefabricated product installation and service contractors and proprietors of some repair and service establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of construction workers engaged in bricklaying, roofing, cement finishing, tilesetting, plastering, drywall installation, glazing, insulating and painting, and workers who install and service prefabricated products in residential and commercial properties, as well as workers who repair a wide variety of products, such as musical instruments, sports equipment, vending machines, bicycles and cameras
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
- Small businesses' contractors may execute tasks within their trade area of expertise, which is generally not the case for supervisors or contractors associated with a medium or large business.
- pest control supervisor
- supervisor, bicycle repair shop
- supervisor, painters and decorators
- supervisor, tilesetters
- cement finishing contractor
- bricklaying contractor
- painting contractor
- roofing contractor
- foreman/woman, insulators
- foreman/woman, plasterers
- foreman/woman, glaziers
- Contractors and supervisors, pipefitting trades
- Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- Contractors and supervisors, machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades and related occupations
- Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- Date modified: