Job description Master Grower - Cannabis in Nunavut
Find out what work is like for a Master grower - cannabis in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Managers in horticulture (NOC 0822).
Managers in horticulture
Managers in horticulture plan, organize, direct and control the activities of nursery and greenhouse staff who grow and market trees, shrubs, flowers and plants.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct and control the operations of nurseries and greenhouses
- Establish the environmental conditions required to grow trees, shrubs, flowers and plants, and design planting and care schedules accordingly
- Determine type and quantity of stock to grow
- Supervise staff in planting, transplanting, feeding and spraying stock
- Identify and control insect, disease and weed problems
- Develop marketing plans
- Provide information to customers on gardening and on the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
- Order materials such as fertilizer, garden and lawn care equipment, and other nursery and greenhouse related accessories
- Hire and manage staff, oversee training and set work schedules
- Maintain records on stock, finances and personnel.
- plant grower - nursery
- Christmas tree farm operator
- flower grower
- greenhouse manager
- greenhouse operator
- nursery manager
- nursery operator
- Date modified: