Job description Construction Estimator near Drummondville (QC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "construction estimator" was moved from the group Construction estimators (NOC 2234) to the group Construction estimators (NOC 22303).
Find out what work is like for a construction estimator in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Construction estimators (NOC 22303).
Construction estimators analyze costs of and prepare estimates on civil engineering, architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical construction projects. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and major electrical, mechanical and trade contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Manage and coordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules.
- chief estimator - construction
- construction estimator
- cost estimator - construction
- principal estimator - construction
- professional quantity surveyor
- quantity surveyor - construction
- Civil engineers
- Architectural technologists and technicians
- Civil engineering technologists and technicians
- Construction managers
- Date modified: