Job description Architectural Technologist in Nunavut
Find out what work is like for an architectural technologist in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Architectural technologists and technicians (NOC 22210).
Architectural technologists and technicians
Architectural technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical assistance to professional architects and civil design engineers in conducting research, preparing drawings, architectural models, specifications and contracts and in supervising construction projects. They are employed by architectural and construction firms, and governments.
- Assist in the development of architectural designs
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Prepare manual and computer-assisted design (CAD) drawings, specifications, cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings and instructions
- Construct architectural and display models, and 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
- Prepare contract and bidding documents
- May supervise drafters, technicians and technologists on the architectural team
- May supervise construction projects and coordinate, monitor and inspect work done by others.
- architectural design technician
- architectural design technologist
- architectural technician
- architectural technologist
- Construction inspectors
- Civil engineering technologists and technicians
- Construction managers
- Drafting technologists and technicians
- Land survey technologists and technicians
- Construction estimators
- Date modified: