Job description International Development And Assistance Researcher near Toronto (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "international development and assistance researcher" was moved from the group Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (NOC 4163) to the group Business development officers and market researchers and analysts (NOC 41402).
Find out what work is like for an international development and assistance researcher in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (NOC 41402).
Business development officers and market researchers and analysts
Business development officers and market researchers and analysts conduct research, provide statistical and analytical supports, identify market trends and potential opportunities, formulate policies and manage programs to stimulate industrial and commercial business investment or tourism in urban and rural areas, or to promote commercial or industrial products and services. They are employed by government departments, international organizations, marketing and analytics firms and business associations or may be self-employed.
- Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas
- Design market research questionnaires
- Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess development potential and future trends
- Plan development projects and coordinate activities with representatives of a wide variety of industrial and commercial enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital
- Respond to enquiries from members of the business community and general public concerning development opportunities
- Review and evaluate commercial or industrial development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale or retail consumers
- Evaluate customer service and store environments
- Conduct research on consumers, competitors and the market place to identify trends to optimize marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
- Analyze promotional and marketing campaigns to identify improvements
- Develop social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development.
- Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
- Develop and apply E-commerce strategies
- Provide consultation on planning and starting of new businesses.
- business development officer
- community economic development consultant
- economic development officer
- industrial development officer
- marketing analyst
- marketing researcher
- market researcher
- regional development analyst
- tourism development officer
- tourism industry consultant
- Urban and land use planners
- Other financial officers
- Government managers - economic analysis, policy development and program administration
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Financial and investment analysts
- Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Date modified: