Job description Administrative Nutritionist near Toronto (ON)
Find out what work is like for an administrative nutritionist in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Dietitians and nutritionists (NOC 3132).
Dietitians and nutritionists
Dietitians and nutritionists plan, implement and oversee nutrition and food service programs. They are employed in a variety of settings including hospitals, home health-care agencies and extended care facilities, community health centres, the food and beverage industry, educational institutions, and government and sports organizations, or they may work as private consultants.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Develop, administer and supervise nutrition and food preparation and service programs in hospitals, nursing homes, schools, company cafeterias or similar settings
- Provide nutrition guidance, label interpretation and consultation services to health professionals, individuals, dietetic interns, community groups, government and the media
- Evaluate nutritional status of individuals and aid in the prevention and/or treatment of inadequate nutrition
- Plan, evaluate and conduct nutrition education programs and develop educational materials for various audiences
- Practice on an individual basis or as a member of an interdisciplinary team to determine nutritional needs of patients and to plan, implement and evaluate normal and therapeutic menus to maintain and enhance general health
- Analyze current scientific nutritional studies, conduct research and evaluate program effectiveness to improve the nutritional value, taste, appearance and preparation of food
- Work within industry in the development, testing and evaluation, and marketing of food and nutrition products or as a company representative supplying product related information to health professionals
- Confer with other health professionals, community groups, government and the media to provide consultation and advice in areas of nutrition interpretation, intervention and policy
- Supervise training of dietetic interns.
- Dietitians and nutritionists may specialize in areas such as administrative dietetics, clinical dietetics, community dietetics, public health nutrition or research dietetics.
- public health nutritionist
- public health dietitian
- research dietitian
- nutrition specialist
- administrative dietitian
- clinical dietitian
- community nutritionist
- consultant dietitian
- registered dietitian (RD)
- Managers in health care
- Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health)
- Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Food service supervisors
- Date modified: