Job description Denture Technician near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "denture technician" was moved from the group Denturists (NOC 3221) to the group Denturists (NOC 32110).
Find out what work is like for a denture technician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Denturists (NOC 32110).
Denturists examine patients and design, construct and repair removable dentures. Most denturists work in private practice.
- Measure patients' jaws to determine size and shape of dentures required
- Make impressions of patients' teeth, gums and jaws
- Design and construct dentures or direct other workers to construct dentures
- Insert, fit and modify new dentures
- Repair dentures
- Reline, rebase and adjust dentures
- Fabricate mouth protectors, anti-snoring prostheses and removable prostheses on implants
- May order radiographs
- May prepare partial dentures
- May perform denture whitening and cleaning.
- dental mechanic
- Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- Dental technologists and technicians
- Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- Date modified: