Job description Dental Assistant near Toronto (ON)
Find out what work is like for a dental assistant in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Dental assistants (NOC 3411).
Dental assistants assist dentists, dental hygienists and dental therapists during the examination and treatment of patients and perform clerical functions. They work in dentists' offices, community health centres, clinics and in educational institutions.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare patients for dental examination and assist the dentist during examinations and dental treatments
- Sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment
- Prepare dental instruments and filling materials
- Take and develop X-rays
- Polish teeth and clinical crowns and apply fluoride and sealant
- Take preliminary impressions for diagnostic casts
- Fabricate and place temporary crowns and restorations
- Educate patients concerning oral hygiene
- Invoice patients for dental services
- Schedule patient appointments and record dental procedures performed
- Order dental and office supplies
- May perform intra-oral duties such as remove sutures, take and record vital signs, apply desensitizing agents, topical anaesthetic, anticariogenic agents, coronal whitening and apply and remove rubber dams.
- certified dental assistant
- certified intra-oral dental assistant
- dental assistant
- registered dental assistant
- Date modified: