Job description Social Services Program Officers Supervisor near Longueuil (QC)
Find out what work is like for a social services program officers supervisor in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers (NOC 41403).
Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers
Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, develop policy and implement or administer programs in areas such as consumer affairs, employment, home economics, immigration, law enforcement, corrections, human rights, housing, labour, family services, foreign aid and international development. They are employed by government departments and agencies, hospitals, educational institutions, consulting establishments, professional associations, research institutes, non-government organizations and international organizations or they may be self-employed.
- Social policy researchers
- Develop social programs and policies, social legislation, or proposals based on demographic, social and economic research, analysis and the evaluation of pilot projects.
- Home economists
- Advise and assist consumers on the selection and proper use of food products, textiles and other consumer goods and teach household management skills. They may also provide consultative services in the areas of development and promotion of new food products, retail buying, social program administration and small business endeavours.
- Housing policy analysts
- Identify and assess economic, demographic, and social developments and report on their implications for housing policy.
- Immigration and citizenship consultants
- Conduct research, advise clients and prepare immigration, citizenship and visas applications. They may also represent clients at tribunals and before administrative bodies.
- International aid and development project officers
- Plan, organize and administer foreign aid and international development policies and programs.
- Social survey researchers
- Develop questionnaires, coordinate and conduct surveys, analyse data, and compile and interpret statistics on social issues and policy areas.
- Social services planners
- Conduct research, develop social programs, assess, coordinate and develop awareness of existing social services, and ensure that duplication of services is avoided. They may also work with land use planners to determine the impact of major land use plans for transportation, housing and recreational facilities projects.
- Aboriginal issues lobbyist
- child welfare policy analyst
- community policing program consultant
- community social development officer
- consumer advisor
- employment equity policy consultant
- home economist
- housing policy analyst
- human rights officer
- immigration and citizenship consultant
- immigration policy analyst
- international aid and development project officer
- labour policy analyst
- social policy researcher
- social services planner
- social survey researcher (except statistician)
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Secondary school teachers
- Social and community service workers
- Managers in social, community and correctional services
- Social workers
- Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Business development officers and market researchers and analysts
- Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
- Date modified: