Job description Photographer in Canada
Find out what work is like for a photographer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Photographers (NOC 53110).
Photographers operate still cameras to photograph people, events, scenes, materials, products and other subjects. They are employed by photographic studios, newspapers, magazines, museums and government, or they may be self-employed.
- Study requirements of a particular assignment and decide on type of camera, film, lighting and background accessories to be used
- Determine picture composition, make technical adjustments to equipment and photograph subject
- May operate scanners to transfer photographic images to computers
- May operate computers to manipulate photographic images
- May adapt existing photographic images and create new digitized images to be included in multimedia/new media products
- May use delicate instruments, such as optical microscopes attached to cameras
- May process exposed film
- May use airbrush, computer or other techniques to retouch negatives
- May operate unmanned aerial vehicle/drone to capture aerial photographs of the landscape or any subject.
- aerial photographer
- commercial photographer
- forensic photographer
- industrial photographer
- portrait photographer
- scientific photographer
- Date modified: