Job description Restaurant Purchasing Agent near Saskatoon (SK)
Find out what work is like for a restaurant purchasing agent in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Purchasing agents and officers (NOC 1225).
Purchasing agents and officers
Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights, or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
- Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
- Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- Negotiate land acquisition or access rights for public or private use, and may conduct field investigations of properties
- May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
- Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.
- contract management officer
- contracts officer
- procurement officer
- purchaser, furniture and furnishings
- supply officer, government
- material management officer
- energy asset surface land analyst
- purchasing agent
- Date modified: