Job description Recording Studio Technician in the Calgary Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "recording studio technician" was moved from the group Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 5225) to the group Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 52113).
Find out what work is like for a recording studio technician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 52113).
Audio and video recording technicians
Audio and video recording technicians operate equipment to record, mix and edit sound, music and videotape, for motion pictures, television and radio programs, videos, recordings and live events. They are employed by multimedia companies, film, video and concert production companies, sound recording firms, theatre and dance companies, educational establishments, clubs, hotels, bands, radio stations, television networks and video production and editing companies.
- Set up, prepare, operate and adjust audio, recording, editing and reproducing equipment to record, edit and reproduce sound input or feed of pre-recorded material from tapes, records, compact discs, digital audio devices, and input from live microphones, satellites or microwave trucks for films, videos, radio and television programs and recordings
- Prepare and operate videotape recording and playback equipment to record videos, television programs, concerts and live events, and to edit video tape after production
- Operate electronic equipment to generate program titles, credits, sub-titles, graphic backgrounds or animation for television programs
- Operate audio consoles or computers, tape machines, microphones and sound processing equipment to mix, combine and edit music and sound at concerts and live events
- Operate dubbing machines to play back edited dialogue, music and sound effect tracks from different sources, in synchronization with motion picture film
- May supervise and coordinate the work of other audio and video recording technicians.
- audiovisual (AV) technician
- multimedia sound technician
- postproduction technician
- recording engineer
- recording studio technician
- sound effects editor
- sound mixer
- sound technician
- video and sound recorder
- video recording technician
- Motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and performing arts assistants and operators
- Film and video camera operators
- Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations
- Other technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- Broadcast technicians
- Date modified: