Job description Wig Assistant - Motion Pictures, Broadcasting And Performing Arts in Alberta
Find out what work is like for a wig assistant - motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts (NOC 53111).
Motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and performing arts assistants and operators
Assistants and operators in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts perform duties related to these fields. They are employed by television and radio stations and networks, recording studios, motion picture and video production companies and by theatre and stage companies.
- Camera crane operators
- Set up, assemble, adjust, maintain and replace reels and projector equipment; detect and repair mechanical and electrical problems; and change and install an electronic control panel using automated equipment.
- Motion picture projectionists
- Check the condition of the copy; set up and load film reels on movie theatre projection systems, adjust focus, sound levels and other projector and theatre settings; and maintain projection equipment.
- Props persons and set builders
- Assemble, repair, place, build and oversee props.
- Script assistants
- Distribute scripts to actors; keep detailed notes of all actions, positions and camera angles; and photograph and date scenes.
- Grips and riggers
- Rig, place, move and dismantle sets, backdrops, scenery and other stage equipment.
- Clean, maintain, transport and store costumes, and assist performers to dress in costumes.
- Production assistants
- Provide support to the director and producer, and are responsible for various aspects of production such as preparing schedules, setting up equipment, and making travel arrangements to various shooting locations.
- boom grip
- camera crane operator
- dresser - motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- lighting assistant
- production assistant
- props person
- script assistant
- set builder
- special effects assistant
- spotlight operator
- Film and video camera operators
- Audio and video recording technicians
- Broadcast technicians
- Other technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- Date modified: