Job description Food Service Supervisor near Edmonton (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "food service supervisor" was moved from the group Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) to the group Food service supervisors (NOC 62020).
Find out what work is like for a food service supervisor in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Food service supervisors (NOC 62020).
Food service supervisors
Food service supervisors supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of workers who prepare, portion and serve food. They are employed by hospitals and other health care establishments and by cafeterias, catering companies and other food service establishments.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation
- Prepare food order summaries for chef according to requests from dieticians, patients in hospitals or other customers
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Train staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
- Supervise and check assembly of regular and special diet trays and delivery of food trolleys to hospital patients
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
- May participate in the selection of food service staff and assist in the development of policies, procedures and budgets
- May plan cafeteria menus and determine related food and labour costs.
- cafeteria supervisor
- canteen supervisor
- catering supervisor
- food service supervisor
- Food and beverage servers
- Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses
- Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators
- Date modified: