Job description Residential Real Estate Agent in Canada
Find out what work is like for a residential real estate agent in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Real estate agents and salespersons (NOC 6232).
Real estate agents and salespersons
Real estate agents and salespersons act as agents for the sale or purchase of houses, apartments, commercial buildings, land and other real estate. They are employed in the real estate industry.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Solicit property sales listings from prospective vendors
- Assist vendors in selling property by establishing asking price, advertising the property, listing the property with listing services and conducting open houses for prospective buyers
- Assist prospective buyers in selecting, visiting, inspecting and making offers of purchase on real estate properties
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters
- Draw up sales agreements for approval of purchaser and seller
- May rent or lease properties on behalf of clients.
- Real estate agents and salespersons may specialize in residential, commercial, industrial/institutional or rural real estate sales.
- real estate agent
- real estate sales representative
- commercial real estate agent
- real estate broker
- residential real estate agent
- real estate agent supervisor
- Other financial officers
- Purchasing agents and officers
- Assessors, valuators and appraisers
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
- Property administrators
- Date modified: