Job description Chief Buyer near Saanich (BC)
Retail and wholesale buyers
Retail and wholesale buyers buy merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments and are usually responsible for the merchandising operations of retail or wholesale establishments. Retail and wholesale buyers who are supervisors and those who are assistants are included in this unit group.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Purchase merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments
- Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
- Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
- Select the merchandise which best fits the establishment's requirements
- Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
- Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets and maintain adequate stock levels
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
- May supervise the work of other retail buyers.
- Retail and wholesale buyers may specialize in a particular merchandise line.
- appliance buyer
- assistant buyer
- buyer - retail
- clothing buyer
- food buyer
- chief buyer
- produce buyer
- beverage taster and buyer
- buyer - wholesale
- Date modified: