Job description Chief Buyer near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what work is like for a chief buyer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Retail and wholesale buyers (NOC 62101).
Retail and wholesale buyers
Retail and wholesale buyers buy merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments and are usually responsible for the merchandising operations of retail or wholesale establishments. Retail and wholesale buyers who are supervisors and those who are assistants are included in this unit group.
- Purchase merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments
- Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
- Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
- Select the merchandise which best fits the establishment's requirements
- Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
- Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets and maintain adequate stock levels
- Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
- May supervise the work of other retail buyers.
- appliance buyer
- assistant buyer
- beverage taster and buyer
- buyer - retail
- buyer - wholesale
- chief buyer
- clothing buyer
- food buyer
- produce buyer
- Date modified: